Founded by Registered Physiotherapists
Our Focus Physiotherapy Practices are owned and operated by Registered Physiotherapists. At each of our clinics, patients are our priority—at the centre of every specialized healthcare service we provide. We’ve built our practice on the quality of our treatment, which reflects the highest standards of our profession. Every day, we come to work to provide diligent, practical and effective physiotherapy services that are both thoughtful and thorough. We measure ourselves by a quality of service that we are proud of, and feel privileged to serve Mississauga, Bolton, Etobicoke, Brampton, North York and the people in those communities who entrust us with their recovery.
Focus Physiotherapy practices Whole Body Intervention
What Is Whole Body Intervention?
When you present at Focus Physiotherapy for a problem, we will look at your current complaint in the context of your whole body and what we can do together to achieve your highest level of function.
Our goal is to help you reach your maximum possible injury recovery while informing you of additional needs your body has.
Our whole body approach could involve some insights into lifestyle habits that have contributed to your problem; it may mean changing the way you go about certain activities, learning how you do certain things more efficiently, getting some tips, or making small changes to your routine. Our Goal is assisting you in reaching your maximum possible physical recovery and furthering your well being.
The Focus Physiotherapy Whole Body Approach means your health practitioner works in concert with other healthcare professionals such as your physician, and our team of health professionals to develop a treatment plan that helps you reach your maximum possible physical recovery and prevents reinjury from poor habits that have developed.
Why be Treated by Registered Practitioners?
The level of education, training and continuous learning that’s required to be a Registered Physiotherapist or a Kinesiologist is reflected in the excellent service that you can expect at Focus Physiotherapy. Behind every registered healthcare expert is extensive training, and a regulatory framework that outlines professional conduct in all aspects of a person’s practice. A registered physiotherapist undergoes years of academic and clinical training to integrate knowledge of both the neurological and musculoskeletal components of care to help you reach your best possible physical recovery.
Our patients can be fully confident that they are in the best hands, knowing that they benefit from our mastery of the most up-to-date techniques, the latest technologies and the most effective therapies. It’s our different values that set us apart.
We’re Invested in Your Recovery
At Focus Physiotherapy, we take a unique approach to rehabilitation healthcare services, drawing from a wide range of restorative techniques to help you achieve a return to healthy, active living following injury. If you’re an athlete, we can also introduce you to strategies to improve strength, technique and performance.
We place significant value on your participation in your recovery. In addition to the information your Registered Physiotherapist provides you, this website also contains material to help you understand your symptoms and treatments. Sign up too for our Newsletters, which are full of helpful tips and insights to keep you up to date with the latest information about treatments and breakthroughs.
No two patients who come to Focus Physiotherapy are alike. You may both be experiencing similar symptoms, but you will each have a unique condition, unique history and unique goals. That’s why the way we treat you will also be unique. First, we need to understand your biomechanics—how your body is put together (it doesn’t matter whether you’re a professional athlete, or lead a sedentary life). We’ll ask questions to discover what kind of lifestyle you have and why you’ve come to see us. Once we understand your symptoms and your aspirations, we can create your personalized treatment plan to ensure positive and lasting effects from your therapy. It’s our experience that, the more thought we put into the process, the better you recover. It’s all about helping you get back to being you.
Before Your First Visit
Before your first visit, you can download forms online and fill them out ahead of time, or simply show up 10 to 15 minutes before your appointment to complete the intake information at the clinic. If you have any questions about your injury or treatment options, write them down in advance, and be sure to discuss them with us when you’re here. Finally, remember to wear loose fitting clothing, so that examination and treatment is unrestricted.
The Focus Physiotherapy Process
When you’re hiking in the mountains one day, and can’t get up the stairs the next, it’s a sharp reminder that quality of life is more than a phrase—it’s a precious commodity. Your recovery, and return to normal activity, is our priority. As Registered Physiotherapists, we’re here to help you reach your goals and maximize your quality of life. We’ll approach your rehabilitation in four steps:
- A Complete and Thorough Examination—taking into account all referral information, medical history, lifestyle habits, along with your personal goals and observations. Our examination will determine where pain and sensitivity exists and if there are any biomechanical problems.
- A Confirmed Diagnosis—not just attributing a name to your condition, but also identifying other areas of your body that might be affected by your injury. We also teach you about your condition and its causes, so that you are able to make informed changes and avoid recurrences.
- A Personalized Treatment Plan—which will determine the best course of treatments to begin your healing—adjusted as necessary with progress. Your treatment plan will likely involve a combination of therapists: Registered Physiotherapists, Registered Massage Therapists, Kinesiologists, and Assistant Therapists, depending on the nature of your injury and its response to treatment. If necessary, we’ll also refer you to one of our Specialist Healthcare Partners for further opinion or investigation, like X-rays, for example.
- Home Exercises—are important, because we want you to take an active role in your treatment. It’s very likely that we’ll assign you some strengthening exercises to complete when at home. Done right, these will help speed up your recovery and prevent re-injury.
Focus Physiotherapy Services
Treatment can take many forms, including Manipulation, Mobilization, Stretching, Exercises, Strengthening, Massage, Trigger Point Work and Pelvic-Floor Rehabilitation. We also use a wide variety of equipment, including our AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill, Laser, Ultrasound and Electric Modalities.
*Since January 14, 2014 The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and your local LHIN have partnered with Focus Physiotherapy to provide OHIP Physiotherapy.
You are eligible if you are:
- Post hospitalization
- Younger than 19 or older than 64
- On Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), or Ontario Works (between the ages of 19 and 65)