The art of physiotherapy helps people who suffer from injuries, illnesses, aging, or disability. People of all ages are helped by this therapeutic method. As a specific massage therapy, its physiotherapy techniques involves working with a vast range of health issues affecting the human body. Physiotherapists incorporate a foundation of holistic, hands-on massage solution to restore muscles, cellular systems, and tissue flaccidity.
The holistic massage method used by physiotherapists involves educating patients and learning how their patients move about their lives each day. This involves learning how patients use their posture, how they lift, stand, or carry objects. This knowledge enables massage therapists to design a customized exercise plan to improve and strengthen the patient’s mobility to relieve their pain and strengthen internal vicissitudes.
The science of physiotherapy is helping individuals who have illnesses and diseases that affect the brain, nervous system, circulatory system, coronary system, respiratory system, and other internal and external anatomical body parts. The physiotherapists’ principles are based on the fact that each body part is memory connected.
Each massage redress technique is performed by specialists who are trained and experienced in the body’s anatomy. There are three types of massage therapy specialties that will be in demand, these include:
- Trigger Point Therapy
Patients can suffer a ‘referred’ pain which means that there is a pain in one part of the body, but the source is located elsewhere in the body. Therapists can identify the trigger point biomechanics which is often located in the muscle wall.Trigger points are located within specific muscle groups where knotted muscle fibers cause trigeminal neuralgia or sharp shooting pain. Massage remedies work those specific points to help patients become free of pain, plus they use other techniques like hydrotherapy and cooling therapy called cryotherapy. Muscles work together in serviceable alignment called ‘myotatic’ groups to create the proper and natural movement within the body.
The straining of muscles happens when a muscle’s functional movements are overused for long periods. Trigger points can also be caused by stress, depression, and a lack of daily exercise.
- Sports MassageSports massage helps to prepare athletes for gameday. Tight muscles and tension can cause injuries due to the lack of flexibility. Athletes and their coaches retain ongoing appointments with sports massage professionals to keep the athletes’ bodies prepared for peak performance.Massage remedies have become an integral part of the athletic program for schools, the Olympics, as well as professional sports players. Massage therapeutic solutions also provide a physiological and cerebral benefit to the overall sports massage conditioning programs.
Experienced sports therapists are knowledgeable on how to treat each muscle group and how Their treatments incorporate several techniques to:
- Decrease the risk of injury
- Heighten a joints range of movement and muscle flexibility
- Reduce recovery time
- Increase blood flow to supply the needed nutrients and oxygen for internal organs
- Eliminate metabolic waste produced by high energy exercises
- ReflexologyReflexology is fast becoming a popular massage therapy with the advancements in technology where individuals are using more of their hands to operate gaming systems, computer age devices and more. Reflexology is the act of applying the right type of momentum to specific reflex points on the feet, hands, or ears. Reflexologists believe that reflex points are connected to organs, tissue, and the muscular system.Therapists have experienced that by pressing these nerve endings help to create wellness and allows the body’s waste crystals to be broken down from the nerve endings. This method allows toxins to dissipate and circulation to become increased within the neural pathways for patients to experience complete relaxation.
This physiotherapy modality is often used to relieve pain and conditions involving post-surgical discomfort, pain due to an injury, sleep apnea, helps depression, eases cancer-related treatments, heals migraines, allays pregnancy difficulties, and more.
Reflexology is also the knowledge and science of emotions being tied to our internal organs. For example, massaging hands and feet are connected to feeling “happy.” The endorphins released in this physiotherapy exercise gives patients a chance to relax.
For more information on how physical therapy can benefit you, contact our Physiotherapy team at Focus Physiotherapy. Focus Physiotherapy has 6 convenient physiotherapy clinic locations in the Greater Toronto Area: Etobicoke, Mississauga, Brampton, Bolton, North York and York. Please click one of the locations below for contact information, directions and hours of operation. We look forward to speaking with you.