Because your injuries may be too severe for you to visit one of our clinics for treatment, Focus Physiotherapy offers in-home Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy services.
Home Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy services are required as a result of a serious injury or mobility issues. Physiotherapy at home is also very convenient for people of persons whose schedule makes finding the time extremely difficult.
Following a traumatic or catastrophic accident, a period of home care is often necessary, due to the difficulties involved with travel. Why travel when you are seriously injured and risking further injury? We will start your physiotherapy and massage treatment in your home and then continue at the clinic once you become more mobile.
At our clinics, you will have access to a wide range of therapeutic equipment that are not available at home. Once having graduated from home care, our team will have all the information needed to guide your in clinic recovery.
We are also happy to treat you in your home for other aches, pains or injuries simply because it’s convenient for you. Our years of experience mean that our Registered Physiotherapists and Registered Massage Therapists can address many types of injury. They will also be able to coordinate any forms or assessments that are necessary for insurance purposes.
With clinics in multiple locations, Focus Physiotherapy can provide in-home physiotherapy and massage therapy across a wide area that includes the communities of Mississauga, Bolton, Etobicoke, Brampton and our newest location in North York at Yonge and Sheppard. Essentially the entire GTA is our service area!
Registered Therapists from a Trusted Clinic
The Focus Physiotherapy group of rehabilitation clinics is owned and run by Registered Physiotherapists. Our Physiotherapists and Massage Therapists have advanced degrees and are continually updating their skills and acquiring new knowledge. Each of our registered clinicians is regulated by the profession and has a responsibility to uphold the highest standards of service at work as well as within the community at large. We take our duty of care seriously, and are proud to have served our patients for nearly two decades.
A Wide Range of Treatments
With many years of experience, and a wide range of professional expertise represented in our healthcare specialists, we treat injuries and provide rehabilitation in-home for:
- Back pain, neck pain and head pain
- Knee pain and hip injuries
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Decreased flexibility and joint stiffness
- Arthritis, osteoarthrosis
- Tendinitis, bursitis, and epicondylitis
- Postural imbalances
- Fractures, dislocations sprains or strains
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Traumatic brain injury rehabilitation
- Catastrophic motor vehicle accident rehabilitation
The Focus Physiotherapy Approach
We have created a blueprint for in-home assessment and treatment that guides us towards your personalized treatment plan. Your input and feedback is an important part of this process, and we’ll encourage you to participate in key areas, providing us with information that will enhance your recovery and move you towards your treatment goals. Here are some examples of what you can expect:
- We perform a thorough initial assessment to understand your medical history, the nature of your injuries, your day-to-day activities and your goals for recovery
- We make or confirm a diagnosis based on our examination and discovery session
- We create a clear treatment plan and share an outline of it with you, focusing on your rehabilitation goals
- We communicate with physicians, specialists and case managers as necessary
- We keep copies of clinical notes and records for ten years
- We give you regular updates about your progress and mobility
- We work diligently towards the point where you can begin clinic-based treatment